Fighting To Get You the Compensation You Deserve
When you have been injured in an accident, you need an experienced attorney on your side who will fight to get you the money you need for the injuries you have sustained. At Poole & Kane, P.A., our personal injury lawyers go to great lengths to obtain a favorable settlement with the insurance company. If we can’t obtain a fair settlement, we are prepared to take your case to trial. We never charge a fee unless we are successful.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
We handle a wide variety of personal injury cases for clients in and around the Hagerstown, Maryland, area, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall
- Premises liability
We represent clients who have sustained a serious injury in all types of personal injury situations. Injuries such as a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, broken bones or others can result in extensive medical treatment, permanent disability and inability to return to work. We strive to help clients obtain compensation for lost wages, medical expenses and pain and suffering, and impairment.
Experienced In Trying Cases
If you have been injured in a personal injury accident due to the negligence of another, you may be entitled to money for your injuries. Our dedicated legal team takes the time to get to know every detail of your case, investigating the events thoroughly to determine fault and the extent of your injuries and damages. We have retired police officers to assist as investigators, and licensed nurses under contract to help master every aspect of your claim.
From negotiating with insurance companies to heading to court if necessary, we shoulder your legal burden throughout your proceedings, allowing you to focus on recovering physically and emotionally.
We Know About Pain
I know what pain is. I have had fifteen surgeries due to motorcycle and football injuries and I live with pain every day. I have spent my adult life on the receiving end of needles, screws, brackets, scalpels, saws, sutures, medical tests, x-rays and imagery machines, pills, waiting and recovery rooms, and physical therapy – lots and lots of physical therapy. That’s why I take pain and impairment seriously and I make sure that the associates and staff working with me on cases do too.
We don’t take every case. For us to take a case, we have to believe in the client and the client has to believe in us. What’s more, we only take cases where we believe we can get a demonstratively better result for our client than our client can get alone.
If you decide to hire us, and we take your case, it will mean that we believe in you, you believe in us, and we will leave no stone unturned in getting you the best result possible.
Personal Injury FAQ
What To Do if You Have Been InjuredThere are several key steps to take when you have been injured in an accident that will increase your likelihood of receiving compensation for your damages. Following an accident, you should:
- Take photographs of the scene and of the vehicles involved as well as any injuries sustained.
- Get a copy of the accident report.
- Be careful what you say to police and any other parties involved in the accident; statements you make can be misinterpreted and lead to difficulty in obtaining damages later.
- Contact our office right away. Don't get involved in discussions with any insurance adjusters before consulting an attorney. This will help you avoid mistakes that may harm your claim in the future. This is especially true if you are taking medications for injuries.
- Bring in as much medical information as you can when you come in to meet us.
- Bring insurance information for the person who caused the accident and each of your insurance policies.
- Follow doctor's orders; follow through on medical treatment even if you think you are feeling better. If you don't think your treatment is working, tell your doctor.
- Create a diary to record the significant events in your treatment and recovery.